Friday, August 15, 2008

How the #%#% do you forget a baby in the car ....

WTF - How in the hell do people seriously forget this. Exactly what type of CRACK do you have to smoke to forget a child in the car at your job....seriously. I can't say that I think people "forget", I think people like this kill children, and get away with it....if I sound irrational, it's cause I'm pissed, this makes me sick.

3-Year-Old Tried To Save Self From Heat


HOUSTON -- A 3-year-old boy who died when he was left inside a pickup truck tried to save himself from the sweltering heat, detectives told KPRC Local 2.

"The child was aware," said Lt. John Denholm of the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "He was trying to get out, trying to survive."

Cameron Thomas Boone, 3, fought for his life inside a sweltering pickup truck in the parking lot of North Cypress Medical Center on Thursday.

Investigators said Boone got out of his car seat, found an extra key and tried to put it in the ignition.

"It's like he was trying to put a window down or open a door but was unable to," said Denholm.

Detectives said Cameron's mother was supposed to drop off her son at day care around 6 a.m., before heading to work at the hospital, but forgot.

"She just has to be distraught right now," said a hospital employee who did not want to be named.

Fellow employees said Boone's mother works as an operating room technician. They were shocked the incident happened just outside a hospital.

"How could somebody do that? How could you forget your son inside a truck?" said one employee.

Detectives said the mother arrived at work at 6:30 a.m. and did not realize her son was in the truck until her shift was over at 3:30 p.m.

"Her clicker wouldn't work," said Denholm. "She goes to check, why not; there's her son."

He was in the front seat, where he apparently tried to get out. When the mother found him and could not get in, she smashed the back window and rushed him into the emergency room, but it was too late. Detectives said he likely died several hours earlier.

Detectives said temperatures can reach 150 degrees inside a vehicle in less than 30 minutes.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office will determine if Boone's mother will face any charges.

3 Comments:

Blogger AR Gal said...

It breaks my heart everytime I hear about stories like this (which has unfortunately become all to often). I try not to judge the parents because you never know what could have been going on with them that day to make their mind wonder and forget but I'm still left wondering.....how could you not remember you have a kid in the car with you?

August 16, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger BlackButterfly said...

@AR Gal...that's true on judging, I was just really upset, it's just so hard to believe someone could do this....

August 18, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will judge this woman (I won't call her a mother unless it ends with $%@##$$!) GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY. She should be made to sit in a locked car on a hot day for as long as her child did. I'm sorry, but as a mother of 2 I can't possibly see how she could have "forgotten" her child in the car--a truck at that. Even if for arguments sake the child was asleep when she left the car (which is the only way I could see that she couldn't hear the child in the car). How can you miss a big car seat right behind you with a child in it in a truck! There is just NO WAY I can see this as an accident. NONE WHATSOEVER. I hope they charge her and give her life (I would say thedeath penalty, because cases involving children make me almost pro-death penalty, but I won't).

August 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home